Books By Jo Cattell

Books By Jo Cattell

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Post "After Angels Fall~Camping fun"




It was a twenty-minute ride to the island and another twenty-minutes to the site they always stayed in.
Fire pit is still here,” Nick said, putting down the first load of stuff and stretching out.
Yeah, and Uncle Robb had the wood dropped off, so there is a plus. We’ll finish bringing the stuff in if you girls can clean up the area and figure out where we are going to set up,” Mark suggested.
Wait, where’s the bathroom?” Gabbie asked, looking around. She had not stopped complaining since they go there.
Kevin rolled his eyes. “Right here,” he said and then took a gulp of water.
And the shower?” she continued.
Kevin came over and put his arm around her, then pointed at the lake. “See that big puddle of water over there, that’s the lake and your shower for the next seven days.”
You have got to be kidding me.” She looked at Chloe.
Come on, Gab, it’s an adventure. Have fun with it.” Chloe laughed as she shook her.
Gabbie gave her an evil eye. “I am so going to kill you for talking me into this.”
Mark put down the cooler and looked at her. “Gabbie, chill, we just got here. Let’s get things set up and it will look a lot better.”
Ahh, look what I found.” Kevin picked up a gardener snake.
Chloe jumped on Nick’s back and Gabbie screamed.
That’s it, take me back!” she yelled.
Kevin walked towards her and held it out to her. “It’s harmless.”
I mean it. I hate snakes!” she cried, running behind Chloe and Nick.
Kevin laughed at that. As he went back to the boat, he yelled, “We are so pretend broken up. See? I told you two this was a bad idea!”
That doesn't happen much. He actually found it when we got off the boat and brought it here,” Nick said to Chloe.
She laughed it off. “It’s fine. They just freak me out a little.”
He pulled her back into his arms and kissed her. “Don’t worry, I will protect you from the big bad snakes.”
Yeah, protect her from the snakes later. Come on. We got a lot to bring in.” Mark hit his shoulder and started back to the boat.
Three hours later, the camp was set up and the tents were up. Kevin and Nick went to put their stuff in; Mark threw it right back out.
What gives?” Kevin asked, getting ready to throw the stuff back in.
You two are over in the other tent. Claire and I are here,” Mark explained.
Nick looked at Kevin and then back at Mark. “Why is that?”
Mark put his hands on his hips and smirked. “Because I’m older and I said so. Hey, I’m letting you sleep with your girlfriend. You should be happy.”
How is it I’m sleeping with my girlfriend when there are two other people in the tent?” Nick pointed out.
That’s not my problem. Now go!” Mark pointed and went back inside with Claire.
Kevin looked at Nick. “We just got thrown out of our tent.”
Nick put his arm around Kevin’s shoulders. “Yeah, and you just broke up with your pretend girlfriend, who we now have to share a tent with. Good luck with that one.”















photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/-mrgt-/6223972782/">-MRGT</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment