Books By Jo Cattell

Books By Jo Cattell

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Post "If There Never Is A Tomorrow" "Bucket List"




 “Today had made me think of a lot of things. I wasn't supposed to live past seventeen. In a few months I'm gonna be eighteen. I think I'm gonna make a bucket list of things I want to do before I go. I mean in case I get really sick again. While I'm doing that, you are going to think about what you want to do with your life. I mean it Annie, who cares what kind of family you come from. Not everyone is made of money. There are all kinds of grants and things you can look into so that you can do what you want to really do. Monica told me about your writing.” He waited for me to say something about that. To protest about how I don't do that. But if Monica had told him, then I would have to explain things.

The writing is just for fun. Nothing big. Really Nate, I never thought of going to college.” I continued.

Crocked his eyebrow at me, he smirked “Well, there is the first thing on my list, 1. Make Annie go to college.”

Your so funny. Why is that important if I go to college?” I laughed.

Because you deserve the best in life. I know you want to be a writer. I've watched you when your suppose to be doing homework. Your pen is always moving and I know it wasn't for doing your math problems. If that's what you want to do, then go for it. Promise me that. If anything ever happens, and for some reason I'm not here, you have to follow that dream.” He made me promise.

I don't want to be a writer. Again, its just for fun. If I really had to think about it, maybe work with kids. I don't want to be a teacher though.” I laughed

He smirked. “Yeah, look how well you handled Jim. Help me with this. Lets make a list of all the things we want to do. Even if its just for this summer.”

This is really kind of morbid. Why would you want to write something like this?” I questioned taking the notebook from him. He got quiet again. “Nate, what is it?”

Sometimes I think I am living on borrowed time. Today really made me think about it. I mean it was a great day, really. I was so overwhelmed with everything. But...it made me think too. Right now, I feel great. While I'm feeling like this, I want to do things. If something should happen, I don't want to look back as I'm laying in that hospital bed and think I played it safe.” He explained.




photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/livn2do/4501245289/">mccmicb</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">cc</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment