Books By Jo Cattell

Books By Jo Cattell

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Post "If There Never Is A Tomorrow"





I sat and waited for the next bus. I didn't care where it was going, I would get home eventually. I fought to keep from crying. Why I wanted to cry, I didn't know. I was just so mad that he was acting like this. I wiped a stray tear that had escaped and sniffed back in case there were anymore threatening to make their way down. Could he not see how much I cared about him? The more I thought about how he had reacted to seeing me there, the more it upset me. Had I been wrong? Should I have just gone down the shore with my friends and left him here?

I had been staring off into traffic when someone sat next to me. I moved over in the set, giving this person more room and not even bothering to look at them, because frankly, I didn't want them to see me crying like a blubbering idiot.

It's may be like this a lot. There are days I seriously just want to do nothing but rest. It's been almost two years now, and I'm still trying to figure it all out. The thing is, I like you a lot Annie, and I don't ever want you to resent me for feeling like this sometimes.” His was so soft spoken in his words, almost feeling guilty for being sick like he was.

I couldn't look at him. I didn't want him to see I had been crying over this. “Do you not understand that I care about you so much that it doesn't matter to me if I'm going to miss out on things.”

He took my hand and squeezed it a little. “I do understand. I'm really touched that you stayed behind for me. I don't know why I snapped at you like that, the only thing I can say is my sugar is low and I'm moody. Annie, look at me.” He touched my cheek so I would look him in the eyes. Seeing the tears that were wallowing there, he pulled me into his arms.

I laid my head on his shoulder and held on to him. “I was just worried about you. I didn't want you to be alone.”

Well, I'm not alone, now. I got my girl with me. I'm sorry I flip out. It means a lot that you did this. I didn't eat and I'm still feeling kind bad, so do you want to come back with me? Or should I take you home?” He was rubbing my back and talking close to my ear.




photo credit: <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/r_x/4308721870/">R_x - renee barron</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/">cc</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment