Books By Jo Cattell

Books By Jo Cattell

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Post "If There Never Is A Tomorrow"





     His teacher handed him a bag. “You can't graduate with out it. I'm going to go to my office, put this on and then we'll go surprise your fokes.”

    Once she left, Nate stood there in shock. He slowly took the stuff out of the bag and looked at the maroon gown. “Hey, this is the quietest I've seen you.” I smiled taking it from him.

    “It's kind of a surreal moment. There was a time, I was told I wouldn't be able to see this day. Now, I'm standing here, trying to figure out how I made it this far. What this day means to me and my parents, its just amazing that it's finally here.” He tried to explain.

    I helped him put on the gown and then fixed his collar over the edge. I smoothed it down and looked at him. “Then your a miracle, and I know how hard you worked to get to here. Enjoy it for what it is, don't think about what you were told. You proved them wrong.”

    He put on the cap and then started playing with the tassel. I couldn't help but laugh at him, when he pulled me close. “I'm glad your here with me. It means a lot.” He kissed my nose.

    “I'm glad you wanted me here. You look good.” I hugged him and then his teacher came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment