Books By Jo Cattell

Books By Jo Cattell

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Getting back to work...


Okay since “Summer Rain” is out of my hands so to speak, it is time to get back to my new WIP “Autumn Wind” which is the next book in the series. I spent last night rereading what I had and new ideas came to play.  I’m really excited to get back to work now.  As you may notice I have also been working on my blog, still trying to get it to where I want it to be.  Not sure if I am keeping it this way but for now it will do. 
It’s funny how when I was writing “Summer Rain” I had sort of a soundtrack for it that I would play as I wrote.  True to form I’m doing it again with “Autumn Wind” which leads me to wonder, do other authors have soundtracks to their books while they write?  It’s funny as I sit here and put my ear buds in, turn on the old iPod and get to work.  I drowned out the noise around me and the idea’s flow.  The only time I find that it really doesn’t help was with my editing. I need to concentrate there and it just doesn’t let me.
 So I decided to put down just a few of the songs that make up my Autumn Wind soundtrack, I would love to hear from anyone else what they listen to as they write or create.
So here is some of my “Autumn Wind” Soundtrack:
This love This heart~Phil Collins
Miss You Nights~Rick Springfield
It will Rain~Bruno Mars
Stronger (Back on the ground)~Nick Jonas
All That You Are~Goo Goo Dolls
Black Keys~Jonas Brothers
I Won’t Give Up~Jason Mraz  (but that is pretty much a given since I wrote a blog post on it)

Just a few that I listen to the whole playlist has like 78 tracks on it.  It really helps get me into the mood I need to be in for the scenes I am working on.  Hope to see some comments and here what everyone else is listening too.  But for now…
Peace, Love, & Hope~JC

No comments:

Post a Comment