Books By Jo Cattell

Books By Jo Cattell

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year New Release

     A year ago, I sat at  my computer thinking about how I was going to start this blog and wondering what I was doing.  I was getting ready to sign a contract and start the publishing process.  Needless to day, that fell throw. But something better came along.  And as luck had it, my first novel "When Angels Fall" was published in November.

     To see my hard work finally in print was amazing.  Almost as when I say my children for the first time.  Before it happened never considered myself a real writer, just someone who wrote stories in my spare time or an outlet for my frustrations or emotions.  And even after it was published, it still didn't hit me.  I never felt like a real author.  Slowly people started buying the book and I started getting reviews and to quote Sally Field, "Someone liked me, they really liked me" lol.

     Then last night, as we all rung in the New Year, I had more to celebrate...

Book 2, "After Angels Fall" was released on Amazon. (Yea me, lol)  And it is funny, but I'm starting to feel it now.  I feel like an author.  Yeah, I'm not famous, and hardly anyone knows my name yet.  But, my god, I am really doing this thing.  I'm finally putting all this hard work into print and it feels awesome!  So last night was not just about ringing in the New Year, it was also a release party.


     And something funny happened when I went to order this beautiful cake.  I gave them the picture and asked for the cover pictures be put on it.  I was told them needed the "Authors Permission"  So I gave it to them, he he he.  After the girl taking my order got all giggly.  She was excited because she never met a real life author before.  (Yeah, I did get a little bit of a big head, that was exciting)  Then when I picked up the cake yesterday, the same thing happened.  So I guess I am a little famous in my small town.

     So, here is my New Years wish for you...follow your dreams and don't let anyone stop you.  You never know where they will lead.

Peace, Love, & Prosperity in the New Year~JC

2 comments:

  1. I bet that was an awesome feeling! My book was released in December and I'm still in that floaty, can't-really-believe-it-yet place. Here's to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Its still hard to believe. It will really sink in one of these days. Best of luck to you in 2013!

      Delete