Books By Jo Cattell

Books By Jo Cattell

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday "Autumn Wind" Cool Uncle Kevin

It's a little longer then six, but I had to put the whole thing in there so you get the just of it. Enjoy!




     “Hey, love bug, got a deal for you.  I’ll try them with you.” Kevin said and got on the floor next to her.  He took her spoon and put a little of the orange goo and marshmallows on it for her.  Then he put the rest on his spoon and swallowed hard dreading the taste of them.  She watched him intently as he tried not to make any faces about what he was going to do for her.  “Okay on 3 we eat them.  Ready 1, 2, 3” He counted and then stuffed them in his mouth trying hard not to gag.
     Missa made a face and looked at Mark.  “I tried them and I really don’t like them.  Do I have to eat anymore Uncle Mark?” She asked. Mark was trying not to laugh. 
    Nick laughed knowing how much Kevin hated sweet potatoes.   “No princess, you don’t have to.  Finish your dinner.”
     Kevin went back to his seat and just as he was about to spit them out Nick tried to keep a straight face.  “She is still watching you and if you do what I think you’re going to do, she will never trust you again.”
     Kevin swallowed hard and then grabbed his glass of wine and downed it.  Trying hard not to gag, he looked at his older brother and said, “And that dear brother is why I’m cool Uncle Kevin.  God I hate those things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment